Jimmy Page’s favourite Led Zeppelin song: – Page, famed for his evolving blues-rock sound instead picked his Eastern-influenced gem from Physical Graffiti, the brilliant ‘Kashmir’, saying quite simply that the track “has to be the one.”
What is Jimmy Page’s Favourite Led Zeppelin album?
One of the group’s later albums, Presence, had a more mixed reception. In an interview with Loudersound, Mark Blake asked Page if Presence was his favorite Led Zeppelin album. “I certainly really like it,” Page revealed.
What was the worst Led Zeppelin album?
- 8. ‘ Coda’ (1982)
- 7. ‘ Physical Graffiti’ (1975) Atlantic.
- 6. ‘ Presence’ (1976) Atlantic.
- 5. ‘ Led Zeppelin’ (1969) Atlantic.
- 4. ‘ Houses of the Holy’ (1973) Atlantic.
- 3. ‘ Led Zeppelin III’ (1970) Atlantic.
- 2. ‘ Led Zeppelin II’ (1969) Atlantic.
- 1. ‘ Led Zeppelin IV’ (1971) Atlantic.
What is considered to be the best Led Zeppelin album?
- ‘Led Zeppelin IV’ (1971) Photo : Courtesy Atlantic Records.
- ‘Physical Graffiti’ (1975) Photo : Courtesy Swan Song.
- ‘Led Zeppelin II’ (1969)
- ‘Houses of the Holy’ (1973)
- ‘Led Zeppelin I’ (1969)
- ‘Led Zeppelin III’ (1970)
- ‘Presence’ (1976)
- ‘The Song Remains the Same’ (1976)
What is Led Zeppelin’s best selling album?
Led Zeppelin’s untitled fourth album, often called Led Zeppelin IV and released on 8 November 1971, is their most commercially successful album. It received a 24 times multi-platinum certification from RIAA, the fifth-highest of all albums, and fourth-highest exclusive of greatest hits compilations.
Is Led Zeppelin 4 the best album ever?
While this album was regarded highly by rock fans, they truly hit their peak two years later when they released their fourth album, Led Zeppelin IV. Led Zeppelin IV is not only the band’s greatest album. It’s the greatest album of all time. When listening to the album start to finish, every single song is fantastic.
What is Led Zeppelin’s heaviest album?
1. ” – There’s plenty of heaviness in Led Zeppelin’s nine-album catalog, but none may be as heavy as 1976’s oft-neglected Presence. Recorded while Robert Plant was recovering from a car accident, the album goes deeper and proggier than any of their other records.
How much is a Led Zeppelin album worth?
Led Zeppelin’s First Album Rare Cover Art – This takes the value from an ordinary price to several thousand, and as much as $5,000 to $7,500 in near mint condition. Other less valuable versions have red lettering.
Is there a Led Zeppelin greatest hits album?
The Best of Led Zeppelin is a two-volume best-of compilation album series by English rock group Led Zeppelin; containing selections from all of the band’s studio albums it was released by Atlantic Records. Volume one, Early Days was released on November 23, 1999; volume two, Latter Days, was released on March 21, 2000.
Did Jimmy Page ever play with?
1 singles — something Led Zeppelin never did as a band. In fact, he assures The Edge that he played on records by the Kinks. But Page was being modest. A Rolling Stone list on the subject shows he also played on records by The Who, Joe Cocker, Donovan, and a pre-Velvet Underground Nico.
Where should I start with Led Zeppelin?
- 1) Kashmir. Arguably one of the most recognisable rock’n’roll songs of all time, thanks to its use in numerous TV shows and movies.
- 2) Stairway to Heaven.
- 3) When the Levee Breaks.
- 4) Immigrant Song.
- 5) Whole Lotta Love.
- 6) Since I’ve Been Lovin’ You.
- 7) Dazed and Confused.
- 8) Good Times Bad Times.
What is Led Zeppelin’s favorite song?
Kashmir is the track that Plant has mentioned on most occasions as being his all-time favourite Led Zep track, with him telling Rolling Stone: “’Kashmir’ in particular. It was so positive, lyrically.
What is Robert plants favorite song?
‘Kashmir’ is without question Robert Plant’s favorite Led Zeppelin number. “I wish we were remembered for ‘Kashmir’ more than ‘Stairway To Heaven,’” Plant shared in 2010. “It’s so right; there’s nothing overblown, no vocal hysterics. Perfect Zeppelin.”
What is Led Zeppelin’s best selling song?
- 1. “ Stairway To Heaven” Total Revenue: $2,903,223.42.
- 2. “ Kashmir” Total Revenue: $1,421,130.32.
- 3. “ Immigrant Song” Total Revenue: $1,306,140.94.
- 4. “ Black Dog” Total Revenue: $1,167,232.19.
- 5. “ Whole Lotta Love” Total Revenue: $1,034,129.29.
What is Led Zeppelin’s number one song?
Most top 10 Led Zeppelin songs list label “Stairway to Heaven,” as the number one Led Zeppelin song. And if not “Stairway To Heaven,” it’s usually “Whole Lotta Love,” or “Kashmir.” However, our choice for the number one spot is a tie between the first and second tracks of Led Zeppelin IV .
What famous songs did Jimmy Page play on?
- Jet Harris, “Diamonds” (1963)
- Shirley Bassey, “Goldfinger” (1964)
- Nashville Teens, “Tobacco Road” (1964)
- Otis Spann, “Stirs Me Up” (1964)
- Dave Berry, “The Crying Game” (1964)
- The Rolling Stones, “Heart of Stone” (1964)
- Them, “Baby, Please Don’t Go” (1964)
What is Jimmy Page’s favorite solo?
How Elliott Randall Nailed Steely Dan’s “Reelin’ in the Years” Recording in One Continuous Take. Said to be Jimmy Page’s favorite solo of all time, Randall’s lead on this 1972 tune is a masterpiece.
What is Jimmy Page’s best song?
- 7.) Heartbreaker – Led Zeppelin II.
- 6.) Black Dog – Led Zeppelin IV.
- 5.) Smile On You – Little Games.
- 4.) Dazed and Confused-Led Zeppelin I.
- 3.) Whole Lotta Love-Led Zeppelin II.
- 2.) Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin IV.
- 1.) Good Times Bad Times – Led Zeppelin I.
What did Jimmy Page think of Hendrix?
In his view, Hendrix is the greatest to have ever played the instrument, once saying, “We’ve lost the best guitarist any of us ever had, and that was Hendrix.” After being taken out of the rock ‘n’ roll cauldron, Page could finally admire artists from his generation without going green with envy.
Who is the top 50 guitarist of all time?
- Michael Schenker. Mike McReady (Pearl Jam): “It’s really hard to pick just one guitarist.
- George Harrison. Elliot Easton (The Cars): “To me, George Harrison is the one.
- Malcolm Young.
- Paul Gilbert.
- Tom Morello.
- Robin Trower.
- Peter Green.
- Steve Morse.
Is Stairway to Heaven the best guitar solo?
Jimmy Page’s guitar solo on Led Zeppelin’s Stairway To Heaven has been voted the greatest ever by Classic Rock magazine. His work on the 1971 track was voted no. 1 by a panel of critics, bands and readers in the new issue of Classic Rock magazine which features the 100 Greatest Guitar Solos.
Who played guitar solo on Reeling in the Years?
The guitar solo on the original recorded version, by session player Elliott Randall, was recorded in one take. It has reportedly been rated by Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page as his favorite solo of all time, and he scored it 12/10.
How long is Stairway to Heaven solo?
|“Stairway to Heaven”|
|Genre||Progressive rock folk rock hard rock|
|Songwriter(s)||Jimmy Page Robert Plant|
Who played guitar on Reeling in the Years Steely Dan?
Elliott Randall (born June 15, 1947) is an American guitarist best known for being a session musician with popular artists. Randall played the well-known guitar solos from Steely Dan’s song “Reelin’ in the Years” and Irene Cara’s song “Fame”.
Who played drums on Reeling in the Years by Steely Dan?
At first, drummer Jim Hodder tried his hand at lead, singing the vocals for the band’s first single “Dallas.” For the album, he took on the role of lead vocals for one track – “Midnight Cruiser.” But as those surrounding the band continued to try to convince Fagen to sing his own songs.
What guitar solos did paul mccartney play?
- Taxman – Revolver (1966)
- Good Morning Good Morning – Sgt.
- The End – Abbey Road (1969)
- Tomorrow Never Knows – Revolver (1966)
- Another Girl – Help! (1965)
- Back in the USSR – The Beatles, aka the White Album (1968) By the White Album era, the days of the Beatles sticking to their traditional roles were very much over.
Did Rick Derringer play with Steely Dan?
Derringer came to prominence in the 1960s as a member of The McCoys, who had a number one hit single with “Hang on Sloopy.” Derringer then turned to blues rock, scoring a 1974 hit with “Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo“. He has also worked extensively with brothers Edgar and Johnny Winter, and with the group Steely Dan.
New Led Zeppelin songs released by Jimmy Page – YouTube
Led Zeppelin – Thank You (Official Audio) – YouTube
Led Zeppelin – Whole Lotta Love (Official Music Video)