- Ally Venable. Hailing from Texas, Ally Venable is the youngest artist on the list.
- Ana Popovic.
- Beth Hart.
- Dana Fuchs.
- Danielle Nicole.
- Hannah Wicklund.
- Joanna Connor.
- Joanne Shaw Taylor.
Who are the best female blues singers?
- Bessie Smith.
- Koko Taylor.
- Aretha Franklin.
- Ma Rainey.
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe.
- Janis Joplin.
- Bonnie Raitt.
- Big Mama Thornton.
Who is the first lady of the blues?
There’s a reason Bessie Smith was known as the Empress of the Blues. Her heartfelt songs and gritty glamour introduced the sounds of African American music to large audiences in the 1920s and 30s.
Who were three early blues singers?
- of 10. Bessie Smith (1894-1937)
- of 10. Big Bill Broonzy (1893-1958)
- of 10. Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897-1929)
- of 10. Charley Patton (1887-1934)
- of 10. Leadbelly (1888-1949)
- of 10. Lonnie Johnson (1899-1970)
- of 10. Robert Johnson (1911-1938)
- of 10. Son House (1902-1988)
Who was the first black vocalist to record the blues commercially?
|Smith in 1936|
|Also known as||Empress of the Blues|
|Born||April 15, 1894 Chattanooga, Tennessee, U.S.|
Who was the first superstar of the blues?
In 1926, Blind Lemon Jefferson became the first solo singer-guitarist to have a hit record (Paramount’s advertisement promised “a real, old-fashioned blues, by a real, old-fashioned blues singer”) and he set a new fashion for earthier “country blues,” followed by Blind Blake, Big Bill Broonzy, Lonnie Johnson and Furry
Who are the new blues artists?
- Christone ‘Kingfish’ Ingram.
- Eric Johanson.
- Ally Venable.
- Larkin Poe.
- Marcus King.
- Jontavious Willis.
- Artur Menezes.
- Samantha Fish.
Is blues music still popular today?
While blues once topped the charts decades ago, it has been quietly living on in dignity out of the spotlight for a long time now. There are still plenty of exceptionally talented musicians that are keeping the craft going, and it has evolved over the decades
Who is the best blues guitarist alive today?
- ERIC GALES. Eric Gales is one of the finest guitarists in the world right now in the blues based rock, jazz or any other style.
- JOE BONAMASSA.
- JOANNA CONNOR.
- JOE LOUIS WALKER.
- ROBBEN FORD.
- JOSH SMITH.
- ALBERT CASTIGLIA.
- MIKE ZITO.
Who is the best blues band?
- Muddy Waters. It pretty much says it all that Muddy Waters is one of the most influential blues musicians of all time, who has also been inducted into the Rock ‘n Roll Hall Of Fame.
- B. B. King.
- Butterfield Blues Band.
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience.
Who is the best blues rock band?
- The Black Keys. 2,515,631 listeners.
- Eric Clapton. 2,700,871 listeners.
- Cream. 2,115,657 listeners.
- ZZ Top. 1,632,323 listeners.
- Led Zeppelin. 3,472,665 listeners.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan. 920,587 listeners.
- Gary Moore. 758,956 listeners.
- The Allman Brothers Band. 1,142,614 listeners.
What blues singers are still alive?
- Aynsley Lister.
- Keb’ Mo’
- Koko Montoya.
- Tommy Castro.
- Anders Osborne.
- Jimmy Thackery.
- Kenny Neal.
- Ben Harper.
Is Led Zeppelin a blues band?
Led Zeppelin’s Blues Roots Led Zeppelin created the blueprint for heavy metal, but much of the Brit rock band’s hard-hitting sound was based on American blues.
Who are some younger bluesmen continuing the older blues traditions?
With second-generation blues artists such as Robert Cray, Billy Branch and Kenny Neal now playing elder-statesmen roles, the crop of younger black blues musicians who can take the tradition and transform it with their own identity is relatively slim.
What is blues rock music?
Blues rock is a fusion music genre that combines elements of blues and rock music. It is mostly an electric ensemble-style music with instrumentation similar to electric blues and rock (electric guitar, electric bass guitar, and drums, sometimes with keyboards and harmonica).
Where did the blues originate?
The origins of the blues are poorly documented. Blues developed in the southern United States after the American Civil War (1861–65). It was influenced by work songs and field hollers, minstrel show music, ragtime, church music, and the folk and popular music of the white population.
Who was the most popular female blues singer?
No less a legend than Janis Joplin considered Bessie Smith the world’s greatest blues singer. She wasn’t alone in her adulation. Bessie – ‘The Empress of the Blues’ – was the biggest name in blues in the ’20s and ’30s.
Who is the best blues player right now?
- Best blues/jazz guitarist, 2021: Joe Bonamassa.
- Jared James Nichols.
- Billy Gibbons.
- Eric Gales.
- Christone ‘Kingfish’ Ingram.
- Pat Metheny.
- Robben Ford.
- Julian Lage.
Who is the best STL blues player?
1. Bernie Federko. Bernie Federko is the best Blues player in history.
Who is the best black guitarist in the world?
- Jimi Hendrix.
- Chuck Berry.
- B.B. King.
- Tracy Chapman.
- Robert Johnson.
- Charlie Christian.
- Elizabeth Cotten.
- Albert King.
Is Joe Bonamassa considered a good guitar player?
Hailed worldwide as one of the greatest guitar players of his generation, Joe Bonamassa has almost single-handedly redefined the blues-rock genre and brought it into the mainstream.
Are the St Louis blues good?
The Blues are the most balanced scoring team in the postseason. St. Louis has eight players with 20-plus goals and seven with 50 or more points. The Blues have a nice mix of skill and toughness.
10 BEST FEMALE Singers EVER On Got Talent And Idol!
Thunderstruck by Steve’n’Seagulls (LIVE)
The Tokens – The Lion Sleeps Tonight.mp3